Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:19 am

Hello,

our clients reported the issue with the commas as thousand separators after merge. Attached is an example.

We use Spire.Office 7.7.2.

Regards

profiler007

Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:07 am

Hello Velislav Nikolov,

Thanks for your message.
I did reproduce the behavior you mentioned when testing with our latest Spire.Office version. I have logged this issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-8198. Our Dev team will do more investigations to fix it. Once there is any update, I will inform you asap. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team

Simple.Li

Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:59 am

Hello Velislav Nikolov,

Glad to inform that we just released Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:10.11.0 which fixed the issue of SPIREDOC-8198, welcome to test it.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/10.11.0

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:12 am

Hello,

the problem was fixed and for a while it worked as expected.

We have updated Spire Office for .NET to v. 8.6.0 and the same clients are complaining about the same behavior as before. Our QA team has confirmed that the issue has been reopened.

You can find attached template and some screenshots for QA team.

The same clients complain and regularly ask for an update on the second issue reported by them - https://www.e-iceblue.com/forum/date-format-is-ignored-after-merge-eu-regional-settings-t11359.html, reported on Jul 19, 2022.

Can you pls, review both issues and send us some feedback as soon as possible because the clients escalating this.

Thanks in advance!

profiler007

Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:28 am

Hello,

Thanks for your message.
1. Regarding the new document merging issue, I did an initial test with the following code and compared the result that was directly merged in MS Word2016. I indeed found there are some inconsistencies, please refer to some screenshots in the attached document("compare.docx"). We need to confirm whether the effect observed on the left side of the screenshot is expected?
Code: Select all
 Document document = new Document();
 document.LoadFromFile(@"MMTestTemplate_Calculations.docx");
 string[] fieldNames = new string[] { "Investor_Sum1", "Investor_Sum2", "Investor_Sum3" };
 string[] fieldValues = new string[] { "100000", "5000", "250.5" };
 document.MailMerge.Execute(fieldNames, fieldValues);
 document.IsUpdateFields = true;
 document.SaveToFile(@"Spire_out.docx", Spire.Doc.FileFormat.Docx);

2.As for the issue of SPIREDOC-8907 is not resolved yet. I have urged our Dev team. Please spare us more time. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:59 pm

Hello,

thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, all formatted values have to be exactly the same as after Mail Merge in Word.

The only exception according to QA team is in Format 5 where the ending dot is unnecessary. Actually Spire merge works fine here.

Regards

profiler007

Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:04 am

Hello,

Thanks for your confirmation.
I have logged the merging issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-9559. Exception the ending dot in Format 5, our Dev team will do more investigations to make the merged result same as after Mail Merge in Word. Once there is any update, we will keep you informed asap.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:40 am

Hello.

Our clients want updates on this again. Can you provide an update?

Thanks,
Velislav

profiler007

Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:23 am

Hello,
Thanks for your message.

Sorry, no breakthrough progress has been made on the issues of SPIREDOC-9559 and SPIREDOC-8907. We further urge our developers to investigate these two issues. Once there is any progress, I will inform you as soon as possible. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused to you.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

William.Zhang

Return to Spire.Doc