Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:09 pm

Words get splitted during text wrapping

Hello.

We are facing an issue with text wrapping when converting Excel worksheet to PDF for words that contain non-English Alphabet letters.

Expected behavior: If a word doesn't fit into a cell (merged cells region), it gets moved to the next line.
Actual behavior: The word is split into parts, the first part remains in the current line and the second part gets moved to the next line.

spire_xls_free_1_a.png
spire_xls_free_1_a.png (163.84 KiB) Viewed 1607 times

If the word contains the usual English Alphabet letters only, everything works fine.

spire_xls_free_1_b.png
spire_xls_free_1_b.png (166.31 KiB) Viewed 1607 times

We are using Free Spire.XLS 5.1.0 for Java.

What can we do to make it work properly?

Thanks in advance, Lesya.

lklachko

Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:50 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
You are currently using the free version of Spire.Xls. I recommend upgrading to our latest commercial version,Spire.Xls 14.6.2, as it is more stable than the free version. However, if the issue persists in the latest commercial version, please provide the following information to help us reproduce your issue:

1.The code that can reproduce your issue.
2.The input Excel file—you can attach it here or send it via email (support@e-iceblue.com).
Thank you in advance for providing this information.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:34 pm

Hi, Abel!

Thank you for your reply.
I tried to convert our Excel file to PDF using the latest trial commercial version, Spire.Xls 14.6.2 and text wrapping works as expected.

spire_xls_trial.png
spire_xls_trial.png (194.59 KiB) Viewed 1576 times

So it looks like this issue has been fixed in commercial library versions.
Is there any chance that the new version of Free Spire.Xls with bug fixes will be released in the near future?

Thanks,
Lesya

lklachko

Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:01 am

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
I apologize, but there are no plans to release a new free version currently, as the free version is maintained irregularly. Therefore, I recommend using the commercial version to meet your needs. For new users, we are willing to provide a one-month temporary license free of license to help you remove the red warning messages from the result document and overcome the functionality limitations. If you are interested, please contact our sales team at Sales@e-iceblue.com.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.XLS