Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:00 am

Hi there,

I am using the spire.xls for Java (free) to convert a simple excel file to PDF. I have a similar code that is used in your website as an example to convert excel to pdf.

While the conversion happens, i am facing a wierd issue. While most numbers get formatted correctly in the pdf and matches the formatting of excel, numbers that are of 4 digits, say, 5,235 which should be formatted this way and is so in the excel input, gets formatted as 523,5 in the resulting pdf. While all the 5 digit, 6 digit, 7 digit numbers all get formatted correctly. Not sure if there is any issue or if i am doing something wrong. Can you please guide?

I am attaching in a zip file the following:
1. Source code used
2. POM.xml file used
3. Input excel file (portfolio_tracker.xlsx)
4. Output file by running the above java code, the pdf file (Portfolio_Tracker.pdf)
5. Screenshots of how the input xls is looking in my pc (using Indian locale en_IN), how the output pdf is looking (with the wrongly formatted values highlighted).

Kindly look into this and help.
Attachments
exceltopdf.zip
Please refer to the attached zip file
(533.61 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

balajith

Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:03 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I converted your excel file using our latest commercial Spire.XLS Pack(Hotfix) Version:14.7.2, but I didn't reproduce the issue you mentioned. Since the free version does not provide technical support and is not updated regularly, we recommend that you update the commercial version for testing. If you have any other questions, please feel free to write to back.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

William.Zhang

Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:32 am

Hello William,

I understand your point on the free spire.xls not being updated and hence offered with no support. However i believe it should be updated to the current version of the commercial software while retaining the limitations that you have on the free version like the no of rows you can convert or no of sheets you can convert etc.

On the current issue, i used your commercial version (evaluation, of course and the pdf displays the evaluation warnings clearly) and i found that there are NO issues with the formatting like i encountered using spire.xls free version. So definitely your spire.xls free version needs a fix. I hope you will educate your development team about this and go about fixing the same.

For now, i understand your point and hence i believe its no longer in anyone's benefit to pursue this thread further. Thank you for your time and response.

Regards
Balaji

balajith

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:05 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, we will fix some issues with the free version in the future, but as I said before, the free version is updated very infrequently, about once a year. To help you better evaluate our product, we recommend that you use the commercial version, which has more complete functions and fewer vulnerabilities. We are also willing to provide a one-month free temporary license. If you need it, please reply to let us know.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

William.Zhang

Return to Spire.XLS