Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:12 pm

Team,

iam not able to attach OLE xlsx file to word document using spire doc free java , but i was sucessful in attaching PDF to word document. Attached Code screenshot. Please help here.

Thanks
Sundaresan Sankaran
'

sundaresan

Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:31 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Thank you for your email. I did an initial test, it able to successfully attach an OLE xlsx file to a Word document. I recommend that you first test using our latest commercial version(Spire.Doc for Java Version:12.7.6), which contains more bug fixes. If the problem persists after testing, please provide your test input document and the resulting document. You can upload them here or send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Amin
E-iceblue support team

Amin.Gan

Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:26 pm

When i tested the same with spire.doc , there was error while saving the file to stream java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find any fonts in specified font sources. Attached the code

sundaresan

Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:24 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Based on the information you provided, I suspect that your testing environment is missing the fonts. Please ensure that the fonts used in your files are installed, if your server is Linux system, the system font folder is "/usr/share/font".
Additionally, please note that we only upgrade our free version irregularly and will not provide bug fixes and updates. We recommend using our commercial version for your further testing. If there are still issues, please share your testing files with us.

Sincerely,
Amin
E-iceblue support team

Amin.Gan

Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:03 pm

Team,

I have attached the xlsx file to the word docx file. When i click on the xlsx icon, xlsx file opens as a window popup(Attached Screenshot -xlsxOpenScreenshot.jpg) , but iam not able to close the xlsx window. When i click on outside the xlsx window, the xlsx data is getting superimposed inplace of xlsx icon ( Attached Screenshot -ClosexlsxWindow.jpg ). Is there an option to close the xlsx window.

Appreciate you help here

Thanks
Sundaresan Sankaran

sundaresan

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:12 am

Hi,
Thank you for inquiry.
You can add the following code to ensure that the xlsx window can be closed and prevent your ICON from being replaced by data in the xlsx table.
ole.setDisplayAsIcon(true);

Sincerely,
Amin
E-iceblue support team

Amin.Gan

Return to Spire.Doc