Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:43 am

I have an issue with PdfStandardsConverter, some Arabic are not properly translated from the original PDF.
I have an existing license and using spire.pdf for NET, version 10.1 and using VS 2015 version.
Please see attached file for your reference.

this is the code that i used;
Dim outputfile As String = "C:\outfile.pdf"
Dim inputfile As String = "C:\input.pdf"

Dim newDOC As Spire.Pdf.Conversion.PdfStandardsConverter = New PdfStandardsConverter(inputfile)
newDOC.ToPdfA3A(outputfile)

jepperly

Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:59 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry to reply late for weekend.
The latest version of our Spire.PDF is 10.6.25. Since the new version contains more fixes, we recommend that you test it first. If there are still problems, please provide the file for us to further investigate and test. Thank you inadvance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Doris
E-iceblue support team

Doris.Liu

Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:33 am

Hi Doris,

Thanks for the usual support, I did tried the latest version 10.6.25 using NET4.0 spire.pdf, but I am still having the issues with the Arabic, please see attached sample file.

this is the sample code in VS 2015

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim outputfile As String = "result.pdf"
Dim inputfile As String = "sample.pdf"

Dim newDOC As Spire.Pdf.Conversion.PdfStandardsConverter = New PdfStandardsConverter(inputfile)
newDOC.ToPdfA3A(outputfile)
newDOC.Dispose()

End Sub

jepperly

Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:26 am

Hi,

Thank you for your sharing.
I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug tracking system with reference SPIREPDF-6873. Our dev team will investigate and fix it. Once it's resolved, we will inform you. Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Sincerely,
Doris
E-iceblue support team

Doris.Liu

Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:00 pm

Hi Doris,

Thank you and also please consider checking all the Arabic letters, there are others characters that are affected by this bug.

jepperly

Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:02 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reminder.
Since we don't recognize Arabic letters at all, could you please provide us with a few more sample files for testing after the development and repair? Thank you very much for your assistance!

Sincerely,
Doris
E-iceblue support team

Doris.Liu

Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:01 am

Hi, any update on the fix for this bug? it's been a while and I guess your team have something to fix this bug...

jepperly

Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:14 am

Hi,

I'm sorry, but this issue is rather complicated. Our developers are still investigating it. I have already urged them to do so. We will inform you promptly once it is fixed.

Sincerely,
Doris
E-iceblue support team

Doris.Liu

Return to Spire.PDF